Silent Auction Rules and Bidding Instructions
1. The silent auction will be open on Tuesday, October 13th until 9:00pm on Saturday, October 17th.
2. Guests are assigned a bidder number, which appears on your smart phone and is also located on the back of the event program. It was also emailed to you when the auction opened. Multiple smart phones may be linked to one bidder number. This ensures that you will not be bidding against your spouse.
3. You can bid from anywhere, anytime! Follow the link in the email/text message sent to your phone. You will be taken to the Greater Giving Mobile Bidding Home Page. You can scroll down to view all the packages or you can view specific Categories by selecting the List icon in the top right (three horizontal lines).
4. To Bid, select the package you would like to bid on.
5. The items you have bid on are listed under My List. Select the List Icon at the top right of the page , then My List.
6. An Outbid Notice message will appear at the top of the page if you are outbid, tap it or view My List to see what item you are outbid on.
7. The highest bid at closing will be the winner. You may check your smart phone to see if you have won an item. If you need assistance, please look for a Greater Giving Mobile Bidding volunteer stationed at check in.
8. Payments for auction items must be made this evening. Items should be taken with you upon departure. Thirty minutes after the Live Auction, Express Pay bidders (those who pre-swiped a credit card) can proceed directly to the Library for item pick up. Non-Express Pay bidders or anyone with questions should proceed to the Lobby. If you do not have items to pick up you may select to have your receipt emailed to you and you do not need to check out.
9. All sales are final. No exchanges or refunds are allowed. Please adhere to the restrictions and expiration dates on each item.
10. St. Gabriel Catholic School and private donors makes no representations of any kind, nor any expressed or implied warranty, with respect to the items offered at this auction.
11. Neither St. Gabriel School, nor private donors, assumes any responsibility for any personal injury or property damage suffered because of any usage of the purchases.
12. Items purchased at the auction may be tax deductible to the extent the purchase price exceeds the fair market value of the item purchased.
13. Values set forth on some items are the donor’s estimates and are not warranted by St. Gabriel Catholic School for tax purposes or for general sale. In the absence of the fair market value, the purchase price is considered the fair market value. In this situation, no part of the purchase price would be considered a charitable contribution.