Auction Rules and Bidding Instructions
Silent Auction Rules:
1. The silent auction will be open on Tuesday, February 7th until 9:00pm on Saturday, February 11th.
2. Guests are assigned a bidder number, which appears on your smart phone and is also located on the back of this program. It was also emailed to you when the auction opened. Multiple smart phones may be linked to one bidder number. This ensures that you will not be bidding against your spouse.
3. You can bid from anywhere, anytime! Follow the link in the text message sent to your phone. You will be taken to the Greater Giving Mobile Bidding Home Page. You can scroll down to view all the packages or you can view specific Categories by selecting the List icon in the top right (three horizontal lines).
4. To Bid, select the package you would like to bid on.
* Select Quick Bid to bid the next possible increment
* Select Bid to select your bid amount or to turn on Max Bid. Note: Max Bid will enable the system to increase your bid systematically, in increments, whenever you are outbid, up to your Max Bid amount.
* Select Buy Now (if applicable) to purchase the package.
5. The items you have bid on are listed under My List. Select the List Icon at the top right of the page, then My List.
6. An Outbid Notice message will appear at the top of the page if you are outbid, tap it or view My List to see what item you are outbid on.
7. The highest bid at closing will be the winner. You may check your smart phone to see if you have won an item. If you need assistance, please look for Greater Giving Mobile Bidding volunteer stationed at check in.
8. Payments for auction items must be made this evening. To best accommodate our St. Gabriel's families we are proud to announce that items won during the Race for Their Future auction will be distributed the week after the event. Your receipt will be emailed to you and the Auction Committee will distribute items at carpool the following week (you will receive further detail and reminders after the auction). For those who do not participate in carpool, the Committee will coordinate convenient delivery of your purchases.
9. All sales are final. No exchanges or refunds are allowed. Please adhere to the restrictions and expiration dates on each item.
10. St. Gabriel Catholic School and private donors make no representations of any kind, nor any expressed or implied warranty, with respect to the items offered at this auction.
11. Neither St. Gabriel School, nor private donors, assume any responsibility for any personal injury or property damage suffered because of any usage of the purchases.
12. Items purchased at the auction may be tax deductible to the extent the purchase price exceeds the fair market value of the item purchased.
13. Values set forth on some items are the donor’s estimates and are not warranted by St. Gabriel Catholic School for tax purposes or for general sale. In the absence of the fair market value, the purchase price is considered the fair market value. In this situation, no part of the purchase price would be considered a charitable contribution.
Live Auction Rules:
1. The Live Auction will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. immediately following the drawing of the Trip of a Lifetime Raffle.
2. Raise your bid number (located on the back of this program) to enter a bid. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the winner.
3. A Live Auction Runner will present the winner with a Promise to Pay form stating the closing bid price. The Winner must sign the form to agree to pay said closing bid price at check-out.